Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just a thought...

A thought occurred to me as I drove to work this morning…How do we react when our cell phone rings? Well, most of us will stop whatever we’re doing to answer the call, even if it means stopping a conversation we’re having with someone just so we can see who is calling. I’ve seen people scramble around like a crazy person looking for their cell phone when it rings. Sometimes they’ll take their eyes off the road while driving or tear through their purse just to answer the call. So I was wondering…When God calls us on our spiritual cell phone (The Holy Spirit) to serve, to approach someone with the Gospel, or to pray for a friend or neighbor, how do we react? Why don’t we answer God’s call with the same sense of urgency?

1 Peter 1:15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do.

Blessings,
Keith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True.. Never thought about it. Guess we left God go to voice mail and save it for later. lol

Anonymous said...

Busted! But it's true, I want to be quiet enuf to hear the Holy Spirit's call, then do the mad dash to answer it! Leave the world on hold for a change!!