Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Why does God allow us to be tempted?

It’s a fact that God knows everything past, present, and future. So why did He allow us to be tempted in the very beginning by forbidding us to eat of that one tree, "knowing" that we would disobey Him? He created us to be Godly, yet He knew man would betray Him, still He made it that way. God knows the struggles we face everyday, so why does he allow us to be tempted? How do YOU handle temptation?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I think God allows us to be tempted to make us stronger, and maybe to see whether or not He can trust us.

I think the best way to avoid temptation is to leave whatever it is thats tempting you..

1 Corinthians 10:13 says: No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

So God will aways provide a way out of temptation, and when you see it you need to take it!

Anyway thats my answer..

Anonymous said...

Oh and real quick, I found another verse that would apply to this too:
Matthew 26:41
Whatch and pray, lest you enter into temptation, for the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Andrea said...

You make some really great points Amanda. Thanks for the scriptures too, those are definitely ones worth memorizing.

As for me, whenever I experience temptation, I try to weigh the consequences in my mind. Sometimes, I get a bad feeling about something (probably the Holy Spirit) and I know instantly that I need to stay away from that temptation. I think that feeling is what Amanda was referring to in her post. It's God's way of providing a way out of being tempted to do something that could hurt us.